Candlewood Equine offers externship programs to veterinary and veterinary technician students looking to gain experience in a practice dedicated to equine patients. Our externship program is designed to give every extern exposure and access to a large selection of cases typical of equine practice. Our doctor and technician make every effort to include externs in the day-to-day ambulatory cases as well as the in-house reproduction services. We love to hear comments from our students that our program was welcoming with unexpected opportunities for hands-on learning.
We strongly encourage externships be scheduled between the months of March and November to allow a broader learning experience.
Prerequisites for Externship:
- Primary professional interest in equine veterinary medicine
- Veterinary Students: Third or Fourth year veterinary student or graduate veterinarian. Veterinary Technicians: Enrolled in an accredited veterinary technician program or graduate technician.
- Transportation to and from the clinic.
- Housing is the responsibility of the student
E-mail information to: Margie Groht at email@example.com
- Letter of Intent – Include the specific dates you would like to participate in an externship.
- Two months notice is preferred.
Externships are approved after applications are received and reviewed.